SWEET POTATO SOUP
RECIPE OF THE WEEK—NOVEMBER 27
A creamy, smooth soup combining the richness of sweet potato and the savory notes of garlic and onion.
- roughly chop one large yellow onion and place in a large soup pot.
- peel four cloves of garlic and smash them with the side of a knife, adding to the onions in the pot.
- peel and chop six sweet potatoes and add to the vegetables in the pot.
- pour enough chicken stock to the pot to cover all of the vegetables completely, and season with salt and pepper.
- simmer until all of the vegetables are fork-tender.
- blend the vegetables and stock until smooth with a blender in batches until fully combined.
- stir one cup of heavy cream into the blended soup and simmer. Serve hot.
Contact the creators!
Send us feedback on our recipes and articles. We look forward to hearing from you!
Design by Dom Costanzo
The creators of Simple Cooking are based out of Philadelphia, PA. We hope to provide regular updated recipes for you to bring to your kitchen. Feel free to send us your suggestions or requests in the future!
2016 Simple Cooking